Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ouch

I'm one hurtin' puppy today. I went out yesterday to start the birthday weekend at a bar I hadn't been to before. Since everyone was busy, I headed out solo. I was trying to keep busy and positive. Murphy had other plans.

I really don't want to go into the reasons so I don't get all bummed out, but last night was awful. Just about anything that could go wrong, did go wrong. So, after taking a massive rejection and embarassment sandwich, I really hit the bottle. Not something I usually do in that mood and for good reason. I was so messed up by bar time, that I couldn't see straight. Probably the only thing that kept me from trying to post at 2am, too.

So I wake up this morning with my head pounding, my stomach feeling toxic, and my balls hurting from the knee they took last night. Today, I'm keeping my head down and not doing a damn thing.

Luckily, I will be visiting a friend's lake cabin tomorrow. We will be drinking on his pontoon boat during the day, and drinking and listening to a live band at night. Hopefully fun will be had tomorrow, otherwise this will be yet another birthday in a row that I'll be trying to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home