Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Random odd day

I'm having an odd morning. I woke up an hour early for no discernable reason. I also distinctly remember hitting the snooze bar to turn off my alarm when I woke up. Where things get odd, is that my alarm wasn't set to go off for another hour. I remember the buzzing sound when I woke up, tho. I'm sure this is going to bother me all day.

I heard on the news that gas is expected to hit $3.50 a gallon here in Milwaukee by the end of the week. You can only imagine how glad I am to not have to pay for gas. I wonder if this will get people thinking of alternative fuel sources, or will they just bitch about the price of gas?

I've already taken care of just about every bit of work I had to do this week, so I'll be keeping my email and phone handy, and spend the day playing games. I really don't have the right to complain about my job anymore. If I am home I take care of e-mail and calls, and still have enough time to get in an hour workout during the day and the occaisional game. Of course, weeks that I'm on the road, I am yanked away from friends and family and have to work as long as it takes to get the job done. I've 60+ hours in three and a half days. That's not including travel time. I guess it's a wash.

For those of you who don't understand the conservative nature of the midwest, I heard a great quote from a comedian Tim Bedore. I'm modifying it slightly, but it holds I think. So as I head out for the day, I'll just say take care "From the Midwest, where the introverts stare at their shoes and the extroverts stare at your shoes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home