Saturday, August 20, 2005

I was just a wee bit wound up yesterday if you couldn't tell by the gargantuan post. I'll try to keep myself a little bit more in check in the future. Today isn't going to be a very long post. I have too many things I have to get done before tomorrow morning. I still have to do laundry, pack for the trip, and do all the cleaning in my apartment that I usually do on Sunday.

I saw today's pic while online yesterday. It's not from my town, but it reminded me of a story. The last time I came back from living in another part of the country, I was still hurting from breaking up with my gf. She had been the reason I left Milwaukee, so after a few months of living alone there, I decided to come home. It was a fairly long trip, and the U-Haul I'd rented to bring back my possessions had a crappy radio in it. You could barely hear it over the engine noise while on the freeway.

Less than an hour from Milwaukee, I had to stop and get something to eat. When I hopped back into the driver's seat, I changed the station to one of the hard rock stations. It was fading in and out, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hear it much anyway. I headed out and drove the rest of the way.

As I started to slow down on the exit ramp, I could finally hear the radio again. "Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. Oh won't you please take me home?" It brought the first real smile on my face in months. It's always nice to come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home