Thursday, August 11, 2005

Half Nekkid Thursdays and Baseball

I've seen Half Nekkid Thursdays at quite a few blogs that I've visited, so I thought I'd try it out with Totally Nekkid Thursday! Isn't that a yummy picture? *laughs* As you can see, I have good taste since it isn't me to the left. I think I can be fairly sure thst most people do not want to see me naked. I can't fault them there as I wouldn't want to see me naked either since I don't have boobs.

I'm starting to get excited about the Brewer game on Saturday. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but my mom loves the Brewers. For her birthday back in May, my brother, sister, and I got together to get a table at the TGIFridays inside Miller Park. We got it for this weekend because it's Lyle Overbay bobblehead night. It'll be a fun night. On the off-chance any of you are watching the game, we'll be sitting at the table closest to center field. We will be drinking heavily since we put down a hundred and fifty dollars on our food and beverage bill. That will probably become $50 in food and the rest on beer.

The last time I was at a game was in June. We had a blast that night since the Brewers came back from behind and beat the Twins that night. What made that evening the most memorable for me, was I caught my first game ball that night. Carlos Lee was up and hit a foul into our section. Even though I was gloveless, my fast hands prevailed, and I grabbed the ball. Since my mom is the true fan, I gave her the ball, and we later were able to get Carlos to sign it.

I'm certainly more of a fan of baseball than I have been in a long time. The Brewers have made a lot of dumb choices, especially with Selig at the helm. I was a fan in the early 80's when we had Molitor, Yount, and so many other great players. I was in the stands when they won the division. By the end of the 80's, the Brewers were so awful, I just stopped paying attention to baseball entirely. In the last couple years, they've really been building the heart of the Brewers again. Not just by getting a few good players on board, but also trying to bring the fun of the game back. They are doing a darn good job of it, in my opinion.

Being a fan of Wisconsin sports means you have to love an underdog. I still am hoping that the Packers can make it to the Superbowl one more time with Favre as QB. He's a damn good player, but the whole team has to be there for the magic to happen. I hope our defense will be better than last year's. We will have to see during the preseason game tonight.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Between the Brewers and all Boston teams...you boys are killing me.

Have a great time!

I still want to see you HN for NHT ;)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Erik said...

The difference between Brewers and Red Sux fans is that Brewers fans are cool with you being a Philly fan, while the Sux fan says that you must love the Sux or end up in hell. Bah.

Expect an ass shot on the next HNT. *grins*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home