Saturday, August 13, 2005

The View from Miller Park

A great time was had today at Miller Park. The Brewers didn't win un- fortunately, but the conditions were great. We had tickets for a table at the TGIFridays in the Park. What you see to the left is the view from my seat. We could see just about everything but the scoreboard. The temperature was in the mid to upper 70's with a nice breeze, particularly when they opened the roof.

We got to the game over an hour early. We wanted to get settled in our seats and get the drinks flowing while we watched batting practice. One of the Reds hit a home run in practice that landed near us. Since we were celebrating my mom's birthday, we gave the ball to her. We were right over the Brewers bullpen, and I have a couple very cool shots of pitchers warming up.

I cannot tell you how great it is to be watching a game in great conditions, in an area that has plenty of room, with a waitress bringing you any food and drinks you want. It is days like this that make me glad I was born a capatalist pig. That and every night I get to sleep on my huge king sized bed with 600 count sheets. Life is good.

Anyways, we had a lot of fun, and Mom got one of a thousand special collector's bobblehead dolls of Lyle Overbay (the first pig-latin Brewer to my knowledge). They gave a bobblehead doll to everyone coming in the park, but there were only a thousand made with the Away colors. My mom's in heaven. I'm feeling great that we all had so much fun, and my gift went over so well. I like making people happy.

What's the best gift you've ever given, and what made it so special?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home