Monday, August 22, 2005

Down and (maybe) out?

I am feeling so very sad and empty tonight and for the life of me, I couldn't tell you why. I'm not sure if anyone has had similar moods, but if you could tell me what set you off, I would appreciate it. Hollow is the best way to put it, since I feel like there is nothing in my chest like someone had ripped my heart and everything else out, or like I've been sucker punched right in the gut. I've felt this way many times before, but as far as I can remember, it takes something to set it off. I haven't been specifically ignored by anyone or had my heart broken. I haven't failed or messed anything else up. I suppose some might say that I just need a good cry or something like that. I'm not that kind of person, tho.

I was going go hit a bar or two tonight, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea anymore. I don't think it's a good idea to be depressed, drunk, and alone in an unfamilliar town. I'm still debating, tho. I really could use some alcohol in my system to relax my back and de-stress a bit. I could use to get laid a lot more, but I think we know which is more likely to happen first. Heck, we all know which one will not be happening at all in the near and likely far future. I'm a fairly simple man. I have a few needs, tho. Food, drink, shelter, knowledge, love/attention, and sex. I'm so far behind on the last two, it isn't funny. Maybe that's why I'm feeling this way.

I know being depressed isn't going to help a damn bit but right now, I can't turn the feeling off or ignore it. It's become a physical feeling, where I feel the void in my chest that reminds me every second of how I feel. I really need to go out tonight. I really should stay in for the same reasons. I'm confused as hell and have nobody to talk to.

What the hell is wrong with me?

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Keldrick said...

Ain't nuthin' wrong wit ya E. Sometimes I get like that as well. Its just a mood and it will pass. (BTW there is nothing wrong with crying if that's what ya feel like doing. That is what is ther for.)

Not sure if this helps at all, but if you need to talk to someone, you can hit me on IM of shoot me an email.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I guess I was raised in the Cary Grant school of being a man. You don't cry, you keep a stiff upper lip to the outside world, and you never let a dame get you down.

I'm not like that all of the time, but tears are something I hold back subconsciously. Thanks for the offer for chat, but nothing can replace a guy or gal to chat and have a beer with. Talking on the phone is a poor alternative, but can work. Text just doesn't do it for me, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home