Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Anyone hiring?

I may need to change jobs in the near future. I don't want to, but things are going around at corporate that may result in me needing a new job. First of all, they are going to be changing my job to an hourly position. Sounds good on the outside since I've worked 80 hour weeks before, and regularly pull 12 hour days. On the other side, I have weeks that there isn't anything to do that I wouldn't get paid for. I also wouldn't get paid for being away from home. Since I frequently am in smaller towns with not only nothing to do, but I can't do anything in my personal life, either. I can't pay bills, clean my house, run errands, etc. and now I won't be compensated for this time. At least being salaried, you feel that you are being paid for your time.

They are also adjusting the position in other ways, too. One good thing about it, is that they are adjusting it because of ideas I submitted. Since training is becoming more centralized at my company, I recommended that we become more like a mobile PR and customer support representative. When my schedule is slow, I've been doing this and it's gotten great reviews from the customers I've visited that have made it to my manager and her boss. With the change in responsibilities, they feel they can cut the pay, too. They are going to end up screwing the pooch on this one, since anyone who has the skills to do this will know they could get better pay elsewhere so their PR people will be idiots who can't do the job.

Dammit, I was getting comfortable with the job and liked the unique freedom it offered. Now that's all going down the tubes quickly. Worse than that, when I get a new job it most likely won't come with a company car attached. I'll have to buy a car, get insurance and all of the hassles involved. I like keeping things simple, and this is aggravating me already.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Blonde said...

most good sales jobs give you compensation for vehicle expense. I give my reps $700 a month. Some of them own their cars so this is cash in their pocket (other then gas they need to go to appointments).

Come to NJ/Philadelphia area and work for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home