Thursday, September 29, 2005

HNT: More tattoos


This is my other major tattoo on my right upper arm/shoulder. I love wolves, and if you notice, both of my animal face tattoos have blue eyes. I asked them to do that intentionally because I have blue eyes as well. I do like both animals, but the reason behind both are more far reaching.

I bounced around the country a while when I started trying to figure out who I was and what role I would fill in this world. Since I've always looked at all religions with a fairly open mind, I looked into seeing what was behind them. I was very inquisitive when I met up with a native american shaman.

I don't remember the tribe he belonged to, but when I talked to him, he asked if I would like to know my totem animal. I was curious and agreed, so we found a quiet place for him to concentrate. We went to a dark room and he looked into my eyes. After five or ten minutes he blinked hard, and told me I have two totems guiding my path.

Wolf was there leading the way. He is a loner with a small pack who he would die for if necessary. He's brave, intelligent, and honorable.

Bear followed close behind, however. He has a lazy side, and hates to do things without reason. He is a healer who helps all around him. He is simple, but wise and honest.

I was amazed that he could see through me so well. When I felt like getting more tattoos, they were the first images that I thought of. Not as angry animals as most people have inked, but the true idealistic totems that they are.

Welcome to a piece of my soul.

4 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Blogger is now reducing the size of pic you can use. The pic can't be bigger then 50K.

I was cursing blogger too, until I researched the known issues section.

My pic is up now.

Happy HNT

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Erik said...

This is only a 29k file, so I just figured Blogger was being cranky. I just got it to post, so all is good and happy now.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Shumpy said...

very cool story behind that one.

happy HNT to you!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Blonde said...

Great story to go with the great tat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home