Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Loss in multiple forms

Well, the Packers did fail at the end and made it a loss tonight. I have to admit, they made it a damn interesting game, tho. Madden was gushing about the great Brett Favre the whole fourth quarter. He even added him to the horse trailer despite taking another loss. The Pack is now 0-4 this season. Hurtsville.

Today I was putting on the belt I normally wear and realized something. I need a new belt. The belt I've been wearing the last year or more is too big now. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I must be losing more around the waist than I thought. I did notice that my knees weren't in as bad of shape as I thought they'd be on Sunday. I suppose that with less weight to support, my knees are starting to recover a bit. My back needs to get to that point, too.

It was 86 degrees here in Milwaukee today. It's fucking October and our low temperature today was the same as the average high for this time of year. Worse yet, they geese have been heading south for a few weeks now. I have a feeling that my favorite season isn't going to be longer than a week or two. Things are going to go from summer to winter, and this coming winter is going to be a nasty one from the little signs I see. I hope I'm wrong on this, but my gut feeling is telling me otherwise.

It's late and I have to work in the morning. I hope everyone has lovely wet dreams this morning (since it's now after midnight).

Late note: Just checked the football pool. Highest weekly score in the pool, Fuck Yeah!

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Blonde said...

You are coming back strong in my pool! Congrats!

Yeah, I think we are going to nose dive right into winter too :(.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I'm fighting to make the top 3, ya know. With a win there and the extra benefits from the Win a Date contest, there could be a great deal of fun landing on my front door in the near future. *grins*

If winter hits fast, you can bet I'll be going up to the house up north to enjoy the peace and beauty up there in front of a roaring fire. My dad needs someone to check on the house while he's off in Arizona anyway. Want me to keep some Miller Lite near the fire for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home