Saturday, October 01, 2005

Stocked, Cocked, and Ready to Rock

This bird isn't for you, but there's a story behind it so listen up. The last few days were a blur as I took care of business and got my shit together so I could make it to my airsoft team's practice. Since the notice was a little late, we weren't going to have a huge crowd out there, but 15 people out of the forty or so on the team is good for a last minute practice.

I got there about a half hour early to bullshit with some of the guys and to unload my gear. When it came time to start training, we all were looking around wondering where the hell everyone was. Turns out that out of the 15 people who said they were coming on Wednesday and Thursday, eight never showed. Since we were already out there, gotten out the gear, and had notified the police that men would be walking around on private land with what looks like automatic weapons, we decided to train anyways. It was nice because there were 5 veterans of the game out there with 2 new recruits, so a lot of individual training was done.

At the end of the day after an hour or two of maneuvers (guaranteed to just about immobilize me tomorrow) we were talking before we headed to dinner. Since I had my digital camera, I thought to take a picture of the group to send out to everyone. Being the smartass I am, I said that maybe we should have a pic of us all showing our appreciation to the people who didn't show. Now you know.... the rest... of the story. I'm Paul Harvey....

Ok, maybe I'm not quite done yet. I liked one of the other guy's suggestions about the people who didn't show. They get to be the man-sized targets at the firing range at our next training. When I had a free moment today, I picked a mushroom in the woods by shooting the stalk at approximately 75 feet. I'm pretty sure that I can shoot each one of our slackers in the ass if given a chance.

It was nice to see some action today, since I haven't had the chance to play since June. I must admit I'd rather see other action, but this is the only game in town. The only way I'll be getting laid anytime soon is if I travel to a specific city or cities, but I would hate to travel just hoping to get some. Of course, if I was invited I'd be setting up a week of vacation right now with no hesitation. I would even give her a pearl necklace happily. *laughs*

Final note- I heard someone take phrases out of one of those life affirming self help books and turn them cynical and/or amusing with the followup statement. Here's my favorite that I heard.

Take a day off and go down to a beauty school and get a facial. Then give one.

Gotta love it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home